Thursday, April 19, 2012

Justine's Thoughts: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare


City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4)
By Cassandra Clare
Source: Borrowed from Sarah 
Pages:
 424
Book Description:
Love, blood, betrayal and revenge: the stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

A quote:
Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before.

Thoughts (Vague Spoilers Ahead):
Expectations: The long, ever awaited book in the series! I had such high expectations, especially because it’s a Mortal Instruments book. After City of Glass though, which was my favourite out of the entire series and still is, City of Fallen Angels couldn’t compare. While I didn’t like it as much as the rest of the books, it is most definitely a 5-star book.

About Setting: The lovely, busy city: New York! And New York only. I must have been disappointed because I missed the other settings like Idris, where there were so many different kinds of adventures. In City of Fallen Angels, it felt sort of stationary but still very eventful.

About Characters: I missed everyone so much! Simon is much more included in this book and I love it. The change is very evident in his character as he becomes an important piece in the story. As for Jace and Clary, their relationship is being explored...and tested at the same time. I’m scared to see what lies ahead of them in the next book. Jace was so secretive in the beginning that it irked me a lot, though, especially when he was acting insecure. Later I found out that there was more to it than that. Clary is becoming fiercer than ever and I couldn’t help but cheer out loud! Ahh, training is always fun for her, I bet. And for the other characters -- Alec and Magnus, Isabelle, Maia, and a new guy named Kyle -- they’re a fun pack. I love each and every one of them!

About Plot: This felt different from the other books. One: because of the amount of action in the story. It was less than usual, maybe because it didn’t take place in Idris or such. But somehow it never felt dull. Just relaxed and settled back that it almost felt like a break from all the action in the series. And that was totally fine with me because two: there is more room for romantic relationships to grow. And you all know how I am with romance. The ending was a shocker. It totally left me drooling for the next book. As always.

Overall Rating: Y Y Y Y Y
Although City of Fallen Angels isn’t my most favourite in the series so far, it is still a freaking awesome novel. Who knows what would happen in the next one?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)