Monday, September 26, 2011

May Monday Be Merry: Twenty Boy Summer



This blog meme is inspired by Free People's blog and their feature called "Free People Book Club".


This week's featured book is...

by Sarah Ockler




Like the beach glass you guys always brought me. Sometimes I dump it out on my desk and press my ear to the pieces, trying to hear the ocean. Trying to hear you.



Like the stars, fading with the halo of the vanishing moon. Like the ocean, falling and whispering against the shore. Nothing ever really goes away - it just changes into something else. Something beautiful.



Inside her head, Frankie had the map to my entire life, and I to hers. I hated that my feelings for Matt were uncharted and unmapped like a secret buried treasure.

Somewhere along the seashore, a strange wind blows over the ocean, and twenty oblivious boys simultaneously look up from their surfboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)