Thursday, August 4, 2011

Justine's Thoughts: Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder


Sea Glass (Glass #2)
By Maria V. Snyder

Source: Library
Pages:
379

A quote:

Lying to yourself is easy, too. I know. It’s much harder to stay and deal with consequences.

Any thoughts (Vague Spoilers Ahead):

So far, all of Maria V. Snyder’s books I’ve given full or almost full five stars. This one is no different. She continues to keep me engaged in the story, especially in the world of Ixia.

Sea Glass starts off immediately after Storm Glass ends, which gave me a problem as I read that a while ago. The first part of the novel was slow for me, but that didn’t last long. Then political and trust issues arise. Who to believe? The Council or Opal? It seems like Opal lacked a lot of self-confidence, but as the story progresses, her character clearly develops and inch by inch, she slowly achieves that point of a strong woman. Knowing that she has to do something by herself has helped her learn a few lessons with the aid of her friends.

Some minor characters from the Study series are more focused on, such as Janco and Leif. I find them so much alike -- their witty words and humour can never bore me! Opal’s relationship with Kade is good, but I wished there was more. And speaking of romance, I sense there’s about to be a big love triangle in the next instalment...but there’s a twist. Now that is going to be interesting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)