Friday, May 20, 2011

Justine's Thoughts: Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder

Fire Study (Poison Study #3)
By Maria V. Snyder

Source: Library
Pages:
448
Rating: 5/5
A quote:

Then you certainly are real. A real pain in the ass, but that’s who I fell in love with.

Any thoughts (Vague details ahead):

I was so sad to see this series end. Fire Study is such a fantastic conclusion that it brought tears to my eyes. Although for the most part, it didn’t feel like the end. But I must say that the ending was very satisfying.

The whole series sucked me in...and the result? I felt like I was living within the story, following Yelena and her exciting life. It is incredible, especially whenever Valek comes into the story. I would feel whatever Yelena would feel and before I know it, a wide grin has been plastered on my face. The series had built a strong bond with me that I respond just like Yelena when a crisis comes upon her.

In Fire Study, you can see perfectly how much Yelena has matured and developed. Now she’s a leader who leads her comrades -- the exact opposite from her helpless position under Reyad’s power. As always, however, she attracts herself to trouble (I think it’s a natural thing). Her troubles turn into long travels and adventures, where action and suspense are most present.

I still believe that Poison Study was the best out of the trilogy. Its plot was one of a kind, while I feel that Magic Study and Fire Study share more similarities (lots and lots of action!). Maybe it’s because Yelena hasn’t discovered her hidden ability yet in Poison Study. Or maybe it’s because the chemistry between Yelena and Valek was just starting to reveal itself. But all the three combined make a spectacular series. I could keep reading this series and never get sick of it. It’s that good. So if you haven’t started Poison Study yet, well, you must!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)