Sunday, November 15, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: The Midnight Twins by Jacquelyn Mitchard

The Midnight Twins
By Jacquelyn Mitchard

Pages:

235

Book Description:

Merry tried to stop herself from looking at Mallory, fearful of what she would see twisting in her twin’s eyes. But she could feel Mally’s thoughts hammering at her mind like fists.

---

One twin has the power to see into the future, one to see deep into the past. Only they can put a stop to the threat that looms over their small town. That is, if their powers don’t tear them apart first.

A quote:

“...the heart knows when things are right that seem wrong to everyone else.”

Any thoughts:

I must say that I liked it, however, it took me a while to get into it. After that, it was the suspense that kept me turning the pages non-stop, curious to read about what would happen next.

The twins discover their gifts in this book, and use them to prevent something from happening. I could tell that isn’t the end of the twins’ story, that there will be another book following this one. So I’ll definitely keep an eye out for it. And I just found out that it’s only the beginning of the series, which means...there’ll be more.

Anywya, you’d think some twins are similar, but the Brynn twins are very different. Judging from their personalities, it isn’t hard to tell them apart. Merideth Brynn is the outgoing twin and the social cheerleader while Mallory Brynn is the athletic twin, the one who doesn’t socialize as much as Merideth. Also, what I found interesting was the twins’ language they used ever since they were little. Such words they mentioned were: “Laybite” and “Siow”.

I like the intriguing plot. That’s one of the things that made me continue because I’ve never read a novel about twins before. I’m enjoying it thus far. And it’s well-written, I noticed. It’s in third person omniscient so we get to read about other characters’ thoughts, which is pretty cool.

The cover looks really interesting to me and it matches a plot that involves twins. There’s a mirror of the picture of a girl, the moon, and the darkness...I like it.

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to read this one. Thanks for the review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the warning that it takes awhile to get into. I have this on my shelf and just need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cover is really pretty and I've been wanting to read books by this author. One day I shall check this book out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I;ve been wondering about this one for a while - thanks for the review:)

    ReplyDelete

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)