Monday, October 12, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott


Stealing Heaven
By Elizabeth Scott

Pages:

307

Book Description:

Dani has been trained as a thief by the best there is - her mother. They never stay in one place long enough for Dani to have real connections, real friends - a real life.

But in the town of Heaven, everything changes. Suddenly, Dani must question where her loyalties lie: with the life she’s always known - or the one she’s always wanted.

A quote:

The story of my life can be told in silver: in chocolate mills, serving spoons, and services for twelve. The story of my life has nothing to do with me. The story of my life is things. Things that aren’t mine, that won’t ever be mine. It’s all I’ve ever known.

I wish it wasn’t.

Any thoughts:

Another brand new book from the library!

I’ve heard about Elizabeth Scott before and how great her novels are so I decided to read one of them. It turns out everyone was right because I really enjoyed this book, especially in the end. It had me clenching the book so tight (which I tried not to do because I hate getting the cover bent) that I wanted to keep going and read to the very last page. It’s definitely one of those books which you can’t seem to put down.

What intrigued me first was when I read the back of the book. It’s a unique and original story, that I must say, and I thought that the plot overall was planned well. What’s more, there’s romance, my favourite kind of thing. It was used in a way to help develop Dani as a character, which pulls everything together since she has to make the choice that would shape her future - whether it’s doing what she wants or doing what she’s supposed to do.

All in all, this was a very touching book. I found myself caring for Dani and feeling for her. It’s hard to imagine being in her situation, how she was raised knowing everything about stealing, but Elizabeth Scott told her story in such a way that it’s believable. And it just makes me look forward to read all her other works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)