Monday, October 12, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: Lost It by Kristen Tracy


Lost It
By Kristen Tracy

Pages:

276

Book Description:

What would you do if your best friend were plotting the annihilation of a small furry neighbourhood poodle? Or if your parents up and moved to an Outward Bound - type survival camp in the middle of the desert? How about if your grandmother bought you new bras and underwear - and you actually thought they were a teensy bit, umm, sexy?

Most people would not react well.

Tess Whistle’s junior year of high school is off to a fairly bizarre start. One might even say her life is spiralling out of control. But with her sense of humour firmly intact and her first real boyfriend on her arm, Tess is dealing with the ridiculous twists quite well, thankyouverymuch.

Just wait until her shoes explode.

A quote:

Absence doesn’t always make the heart grow fonder. Sometimes, it just reminds you that you’re incredibly lonely.

Any thoughts:

There were a few parts that were quite funny that I actually laughed. But there were also some parts I thought were insignificant. For example, the turkey conversation on Thanksgiving. Maybe it was trying to convey a message? I was trying to read in between the lines but I couldn’t find anything. So I thought that was odd.

When I was reading the first several pages, I kept zoning out. My mind wandered here and there and I just couldn’t focus though I assure you that I was in a very quiet place. Maybe it was the way the background information was explained.

One thing I felt about the ending was that it didn’t feel resolved, like it was unconfirmed. Though it somehow felt that it was the right ending, I still disliked it.

I hope I’m not being too harsh! I guess this book just isn’t for me. But overall, it was a quick read and I bet others will like it more than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)