Monday, October 12, 2009

Justine's Thoughts: Carribean Cruising by Rachel Hawthorne


Carribean Cruising
By Rachel Hawthorne

Pages:

314

Book Description:

The perfect summer story of a girl, several boys, and a cruise ship full of possibilities.

Lindsay has never been on a cruise, but she knows exactly what she wants to do now that she is: climb a waterfall, snorkel, meet lots of cute guys, and look for one perfect guy for a summer fling.

But her to-do list isn't going according to plan, especially when she discovers that it's impossible to have a fling-when you're actually falling in love.

Any thoughts:

  • In the beginning, I could relate to Lindsey Darnell, the heroine. She had never gotten into trouble, she’s a bit shy, and she’s extremely organized (in fact, she loves making lists). But she wanted to change and prepare herself for college and she believes that going on the cruise would do just that.
  • I got a few chuckles from some come-on lines such as, “Are your eyes hurting? Because they’re killing me.” I’ve never heard it, but it was so corny that I found it funny.
  • I had to admit that I skipped descriptions of sceneries because, well, I found them boring.
  • The whole time I thought that Lindsey’s blind (not literally), because Ryan is the perfect guy. Actually, he’s too perfect. It makes me so frustrated!
  • For summer, it’s a quick and light read. It’s definitely full of sap. So if you want to read a book full of happiness, this is the one for you. It will also make you feel like going on a cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show us your bookful of thoughts! :)